Friday, May 23, 2008

This is a start.

I know what blogging is. I’ve known for awhile. It’s just not something I have been too interested in doing. Friends and family have asked me, “Do you blog?” and my answer is always a diffident, “Well, no, I don’t”. The reply? “You should, it’s fun.”
Okay, so it’s fun, I have been told. But what do I say? What about my life is interesting enough for others to sit and read about it. I just live a normal, non-exciting life. I have a husband, four beautiful children and various other family members whom I often hang out with. When I feel like I need some adventure, variety or distractions in my life, I read. Reading is one of the great joys of my life. Not that I don’t find joy in other things. Certainly there is joy to be found with my husband and children. It’s just that there is a certain amount of escape with reading. There are times in my life when I just don’t want to, or feel like I cannot, think about all that is going on. The stresses, pressures and frustrations sometimes get to be too overwhelming, and there has to be a way to find a reprieve from that. Therein lies my need to read.
Most people deal with stresses in life and I am certainly not immune to them. One of the great stress relievers I have is talking with my husband when we go on dates. We talk as often as we can, but there are interruptions. Going on dates is the perfect way to just be together and share our stresses with each other. That way, we don't feel alone and we are able to discuss what's going on in our lives and make decisions together. It's great to have someone to talk to who will listen to you no matter how many times you have brought up the same old subject.
Blogging also seems to be a good way to get one’s feelings out. To express oneself and share it with the world, or just a few close friends. Journaling is not something I have done on a regular basis. Perhaps blogging is the answer. Perhaps sharing some of the stress, frustration and pain I have felt over the years of being the entrepreneur’s wife will help me let go of the bad, focus on the good and help someone else who may be going through something similar. On the other hand, maybe it won’t help a single soul, but if it does, I’ll be only the happier.

1 comment:

aubs33 said...

I too love going out on dates with Derek to relieve stress. I feel like a different person once I can hang out only with him, talk as adults with each other, and enjoy ourselves without any interruptions!
Keep the blogging up!