Tuesday, May 27, 2008

May 27, 2008

It's not easy being an entrepreneur's wife. Each day is different and if I don't watch myself, I can let the negativity, worry and stress get the better of me. But not today, and better as time goes on. What makes a person want to to follow his/her dream? What compels a person to do what he/she believes is their calling in life? I know what my main calling in life is. I have been doing it for over 12 years. It's being a mother. More about that later because I love being a mother and talking about it with other mothers.
For 12 years I have focused on being a mom and that is about all that I have worked on. There have been odd jobs for me here and there. Mostly cleaning jobs for homes or businesses. That's something I actually enjoy. I get to work alone, I don't have anyone watching me and telling me what to do or checking up on my work. I can listen to music and just move through my work and when I am done, I get to look at the cleanliness I have created.
Now it is time for me to step out of my comfort zone and begin to share the tings that I write. I am doing that with this blog. The poem I shared yesterday was written 5 years ago and I finally shared it! That was hard for me. That was a huge step out of my comfort zone, but I did it. Getting feedback was so validating for me. A few people responded to my poem and I thank you! Outside of my comfort zone is fear. Stepping out is showing faith. Then after the fear comes the triumph! I did it! I did something that was scary and it was okay. Now I don't have quite as much fear. I have more confidence. So do you know what I am going to do now? I am going to submit a children's story I wrote to a publisher. I'll keep you updated!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Way to go Jen!!! I loved the poem and you can never achieve if you never try. I am impressed.