Friday, May 30, 2008

Fitness.......and chocolate!

Last night as I was eating my dinner I was thinking that today’s blog needed to be about fitness. For one thing, I love it! Next to reading, exercising is my favorite thing to do! On a daily basis anyway. I get up first thing in the morning, put my exercise clothes on, grab my water bottle from the fridge and run down to the basement for my daily routine. It’s a huge stress reliever and I love it! I can wake up totally tired, grumpy or unmotivated, and my the time my exercise routine for the day is over I feel awesome! I have often thought about how I can share this love of fitness with others without sounding pushy or being annoying. If I hear people talking about exercise or healthy eating, I try to listen in and see what they are saying. I read a lot about it and it is a passion for me.
Perhaps simply sharing my enthusiasm for fitness in my blog is the best way to help others. I am definitely not perfect at eating healthy. Chocolate is a favorite food of mine and I usually don’t go more than 2 days without having some. Yesterday I had one of those 100 calorie packs of grasshopper cookies! I love those. Today I have kept myself far too occupied to think about chocolate. Okay, that’s a lie because I just wrote a poem about chocolate. It’s a non-rhyming poem, in other words free-verse. I’ll share it with you and then I am going to go make a salad for my lunch.

Chocolate

I held the piece of deep brown
Smooth chocolate between my
Thumb and forefinger.
Not wanting to hold it too long
Not wanting it to melt
But it was the last piece and I
Wanted to be sure to savor it.

It began to melt
I slowly opened my mouth
And brought the chocolate
To my lips and tasted
The first smooth sweetness
Of my favorite candy
Waiting for my favorite
Part is the creamy center
Peanut butter!

P.S. It's okay to laugh!

3 comments:

Jeanette said...

I, too, am addicted to Chocolate. Some days I don't know if I can get through it without my fix :) love the poem, lol

aubs33 said...

It's fun to read your blog. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on exercise. The way you expressed your enjoyment of it, really did motivate me. I don't ever think I've thought of exercise as a mood elevator. Just as yucky hard work. You look great!! So cute and skinny, and wow your family has grown so much.

Tammy said...

Hey, lookie who I found in the blogging world!!! :)
Jen, that is one thing I will always remember about you, you have always enjoyed excersise. I never really understood it, until this last year. I have lost 19 lbs since January, by just diet and excersise. We have been swampped with house things recently so i have been out of the loop with all of it, but I am glad to say I am maintaining. :) How the heck are ya?? Sure do miss you! I am going to link your blog to mine, so i can keep tabs on my long lost buddy!! :) you can see my blog at: www.tammyjarman.typepad.com/color
talk to you soon babe! Love ya!! ~Tam