Wednesday, August 27, 2008

What do you do?

I was thinking of a friend of mine today and wondering how she is doing. We don't talk much anymore and I don't really know what is going on in her life. I do know that she is a mom of four and her son is autistic. I know it's a challenge for her - I think it would be a challenge for anyone. I love this friend and I miss her. Over the years that I have known her she has always been busy with one thing or another, separate from her home and mother activities. She has sold Pampered Chef, scrap booking materials, fitness supplements, and make-up. And those are only the things I can remember! She is always busy and doing.
Many of my friends are doing fun things with their lives. Life for a mom is so different today than it was 50 years ago. We have so many more opportunities and especially now with the internet we can do more and reach more people. To me it is very exciting to think about the things my friends are doing. They may not know it, but they motivate me to do things that otherwise I may not do.
I just read a great quote by some guy I have never heard of. Orison Swett Marden said, "The Creator has not given you a longing to do that which you have no ability to do." In other words, if there is something that you DESIRE to do, there will be a way for you to do it.
If there is something that you are longing to do, then I encourage you to do it. It may take many years, but start now, make a plan and begin working towards it. Go for it!!

No comments: